Complete Streets Master Plan:
The City of Urbandale is taking a fresh look at bike lanes, trails and sidewalks. Plans are underway to create a Complete Streets Master Plan and identify key changes. Where do we need new bike lanes, trails and sidewalks? What types of facilities are you most comfortable using? We want your help to develop a new plan for residents of all ages, interests and abilities. Please complete our Survey Gizmo @:
Please draw on our WikiMap to show where you want new bike lanes, trails, sidewalks or where you have safety concerns for bikers or walkers @:
What is a Complete Street?
Streets that are for everyone. They are designed and operated to enable safe access for all users, whether walking, bicycling, driving or riding transit. People of all ages and abilities are able to safely move along and across streets in a community, regardless of how they are traveling.
- June 13 from 6-7:30pm (open house format - come and go as you please)
- Giovannetti Community Shelter
- 9000 Douglas Ave, Urbandale, IA 50322
- Pat Boddy
- Liesa Fox
- Larry Jablonski
- Maren Lenhart
- John Forst
Areas of Focus
- Examining the needs for bicyclists, transit users, motorists, pedestrians of all ages and abilities, and conducting a baseline study of current practices and accommodations.
- Provide a yearly written report to the City Council, evaluating the City's progress of its Complete Streets Policy.